A well planned move is the easiest move. To avoid the stress of moving plan well in advance to make the transition easier. We have provided checklists for your convenience.
1. Plan and Fulfill Conditions. Contact your mortgage broker, your insurance company, a home inspector and book dates. If needed, discuss details of inspection for Wood Energy Transfer Technology WETT certification of a wood burning fireplace, septic and well inspection.
2. Book a Moving Company. Our area has few companies and they schedule well in advance. I will be happy to provide a list.
3. Lawyer – We send the paperwork to your lawyer’s office. Contact and stay in touch with your lawyer to make sure they can accommodate the date of completion. You will probably go in one or two days prior to the closing date to sign the documents.
4. Financing – Communicate with your mortgage broker to ensure they have all of the paperwork they need to complete and provide final approval financing. Call them two weeks prior to closing to check on status of approval and avoid last minute financing issues. They communicate directly with your lawyer who handles transfer of funds.
5. Insurance – call your insurance company to cover your home. Make note of septic systems, wood burning fireplaces WETT Certification.
6. Insurance Mortgage or Life? You can choose to invest in Mortgage insurance offered by your lender or increase your life insurance amount so that all of your debts are covered – all debts including your mortgage amount, plus additional considerations for your loved ones.
7. Utilities – Review the List of Service Providers to open or close accounts
8. Notification: notify all-important contacts of your change of address – banks, bills, drivers licence, doctor, family and friends. Organise Mail forwarding from your old address.
9. Boxes and Packing Materials: Start packing early. Organize an array of boxes sizes to avoid excess weight, label boxes using markers with room names, fragile, take advantage of purging opportunities and donate!
10. Moving Day: Be Aware and Prepared: Title can change hands up to 5:00 PM on the date of completion and entry into the purchased property can only happen once the keys are released by your lawyer. We will work with the Sellers to request that they be out of the home by noon on moving day.